[Elfsea] Arthurian Company rocks with the West

Estella Flather eflather at flash.net
Sun Dec 2 11:05:12 PST 2001

Greetings from Mistress Stella, Arthurian Company Commander-
	If you missed the combined practice at Mendersham, you missed a fun time!
The Arthurian Company and members of the Fray worked with our brothers in
arms of the West to further our skill in the art of melee fighting. The
Iron Star Brigade commander Lord Mordock von Rugen (Dux), led us through a
number of educational drills, where we had a great time busting through
shield walls and resisting having our shield wall broken, as well as
practicing working together and communicating better while maneuvering on
the field. A lot of us also got to fight pick-ups with fighters of the
West, including His Royal Highness Aaron! An added highlight was making
snowballs, as some snow banks were still left from the storms of earlier in
the week. However, the day was glorious for fighting, with sunny skies and
temperatures in the 60s. We will have another combined practice with the
West before Gulf Wars, put it on your calendar, don't miss out!
	The War will be upon us soon! A stepped-up schedule of practices will be
announced soon. Also, a track of classes on unit tactics for melees will be
offered at Elfsea's Baronial College. Come out to practices and classes and
get in shape for the War now! You can't get in shape by only coming to
practice two weeks before the War!
	Check your gear and repair broken or weak items NOW! Do not bring
incomplete gear to the War and expect to get it put together there. Not
only will you very likely not get it finished in time, you also can't enjoy
the War if you are back in camp trying to get you armor put back together!
There will be a muster of Elfsea troops at the Baronial Passage of Arms in
February, be sure to come and get your armor inspected and make sure your
authorizations are current. You don't want to get to the War and find out
your helmet bars have been bent out of shape or broken and not be able to
pass armor inspection at the war. I've seen it happen! Get your gear
checked before you get there!
	In service, HE Stella