ES - the balancing act

DonnelShaw at AOL.com DonnelShaw at AOL.com
Thu Jan 11 14:48:16 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/10/01 10:24:10 PM Central Standard Time,
XaraXene at home.com writes:

> Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can be in two places at once?

I would go to the game and stay as long as possible. Then I would ask another
parent or coach you feel conformable with bring him home. Then see if
Llywelyn can meet them at the house or somewhere enrout that is convenient.
Once he got to the event with Llywelyn I would make a big deal about the
game. Let him know how important it is to you because it is important to him.

But I do agree I keep the extra activities to a managable leve. Right now it
is Boy Scouts. I am also getting both involved with the other children in our
SCA group. We plan family nights with them and do stuff as an extended
family. We make sure they have activites that corrispond to what we are doing
in the sca. Both my children paint scrolls. (now I am not saying both do it
well) But they both want to do it. If it is an activitie that needs to be
modified I do that as well.

Good luck. Only you can choose what is best for you and your child.
Donnel