ES - Black Oak Keep January Community Meeting/Fighter Practice

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Jan 5 08:14:45 PST 2001

Why it is south of beautiful downtown Quinlan, TX.  Gateway to Lake
Tawakoni, "The Catfish Capital of Texas"...woo-hoo!  Seriously, they pull
catfish out of there that you can put saddles on, but I digress.

Fighter practice will be held at Phil Foster's (aka m'lord Angus McKinnon of
Black Oak Keep).  His phone number is 903-356-9053.  If anyone has any
questions, I can either be contacted at this e-mail address or
my home phone number is 903-356-4443 (cell phone 972-679-2556).  Bring
whatever you would like to do.  We are a pretty easy going bunch.  So
anything that you think might be cool to do is welcome (as long as it
doesn't not involve screaming or small furry animals). Rings or Wands would
probably be fun.  Ever played Tic-Tac-Toe? Or head to head Mongol Quick Draw
(it's kind of like "High Noon" with bows).

Directions from Dallas:

Take I-30 East out of Dallas over Lake Ray Hubbard.  On the other side of
the lake--the City of Rockwall--take exit 68 to Terrell/Lake Tawakoni
(Highway 205).  There is a large T/A Truck Stop (yeah, I know...cut it with
the straight lines) on the corner.  You will turn right at the light (south)
until you get to the next light which will be 50 yards away.  Turn left
(east) at the light.  This is Highway 276 to Lake Tawakoni/Quinlan.  You
head east on Highway 276 approximately 20 miles until you get to Quinlan.
  **Note--take notice of the speed limit signs.  The county mounties take
these very seriously.  Where I'm sure it would brighten their day to see
you, I recommend against it.  Keep an eye out for the orange Flying Saucer
on the side of the road--it's amusing**

Highway 276 ends in Quinlan at Highway 34 (There will be a Dairy Queen in
front of you).  Turn right (south) onto Highway 34.  Go through the next
stop light (there are only two in Quinlan) and continue south on 34 for
approximately a mile.  Phil's house will be on the right hand side of the
road.  We will have signs up directing you.  I believe the actual physical
address is 3902 Highway 34 South.  Don't try the internet maps pages--they
are clueless with this address.

After fighter practice we will have our community meeting/pot luck.  If
folks would like to stick around, you are welcome to.  For any non-fighters
there is usually something in the Arts and Sciences arena happening (a class
or everyone working on projects) while the fighting is going on.

Thanks
Petruccio