ES - Coronation--new here

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:36:32 PST 2001

>Hi everyone,
>   I'm Caitriana aka mundanely as Lynn.

Hi Caitriana,

>I would like to go to the Coronation this weekend, but I have no idea
> >where Ennis is & don't have feast gear at this time.

Here are the directions to Ennis:  If you live west of Dallas, take I-20
East to I-45.  If you live in or near Dallas, then take your best route to
I-45 and go to Ennis, Tx. Exit 251 (Hwy 34) Turn left under the highway.
Travel about 2 miles east. Site is a large white building on the left.
Address is:

Sokol Hall - Ennis
422 FM 1183
Ennis, TX 75119

Unfortunately you will not only need feast ware, but you'll probably need to
bring your own feast.  The limit for feast is 250, but I don't know if they
are running out of reservations or not.

>I tried to get in touch with the hospitaler, but her number isn't
>working, or else I have the wrong number.

I believe Kat has moved recently.  Could someone get us some updated info on
the web again?

>I also don't know if this is a one day event or an overnight--I also >don't
>have a tent...sounds pretty pitiful, huh? I haven't been active >in the SCA
>for about 6 years, but I am really excited about getting >involved again. I
>look forward to hearing from someone.

Coronation is a one-day event this time.  There are hotels nearby in case
you need a place to crash.  Most of us in this region will probably go back
to our own beds.  Don't worry about the tent, I'm sure you'll be able to
find something soon.  We have a great many outdoor events, so you'll
probably like to acquire one soon.  Ask around and see what you like.

We're glad to have you active again.  Are you originally from here or out of
Kingdom?  My husband & I have only been _really_ active since about the
beginning of 1995 (I think, my memory is fuzzy, I got it moldy).  So welcome
back!  We look forward to your participation in Elfsea (Where Life is Good!)

Ciao,
Alessandra Desiderio
Baroness of Elfsea