ES - RE: The Archers only Battle at Gulf War!

Vicki Shetler shetler at home.com
Tue Mar 6 16:00:27 PST 2001

Here is exact information on the Archer's only battle at Gulf War from
the Gulf War website..  Thought that since we have archers in the Fray
and in their is House Arkham as well, that folks on the Steppes list
would be interested in seeing the details..  Also there are Archers in
Elfsea, since this battle is Ansteorra vs. Trimaris, I am sure that most
archers will want in on this... And any who want to see Ansteorra
barrage Trimaris in arrows!!  :)

Isolde von Rugen
aka Vix

Archers Only Battles Friday, 3:30 p.m. Ravine
     Two teams, Trimaris versus Ansteorra. The other Kingdoms will split
to even out both teams (same number of people). Once on a team,
     stay on that same team, no switching during resurrection battle.
All archery rules apply as any other battle at Gulf Wars using archers.
     Pavaise's are set up in random spots on the field and are
non-moving. During the resurrection battle, 4 extra pavaise's are added
to each
     sides home base which are movable.
     Three scenarios
     1. 10 minutes in time. limited to 15 arrows/bolts.
     Total number of kills, highest kills wins.
     2. 10 minutes in time. Unlimited arrows/bolts (as many as you can
carry)
     Total number of kills, highest kills wins.
     3. 15 minutes. Unlimited arrows, resurrection
     Total number of kills, highest side wins.
     We did have a "slingman" who was also on the field. Although this
was not an "Archer", it still was allowed due to the "Missile" nature
     of the weapon. Due to the nature of the Battle, there is no "touch
kill", and no heavy weapons or siege weapons are allowed.