[Elfsea] Springfaire and suggestions...

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 20:25:47 PDT 2001

--- Tim Rayburn <tim.rayburn at webmodal.com> wrote:

> I thought I would respond to some of the items that
> were mentioned here by
> Lady Eleanor.

<snip>

> * Electricity is available in limited areas on site,
> such as Special Needs
> and the Merchant Area.  Personally I think the price
> of electricity in the
> campsites, which is large electric poles, is to much
> of a distraction.  But
> that is my personal opinion.

Timothy, there is no more need for large electric
poles in the campsites than there would be need for
water towers everywhere you want a spigot.  Electrical
conduit can be buried just like water pipe, and
outlets unobtrusively placed where desired.  Poles and
overhead wires are easier and cheaper, but by no means
the only solution.

I too greatly enjoyed the site.  It was wonderful to
step out of the torchlight in the camps and look up to
see an ocean of stars, and to have the camps lit only
by torch and firelight was a jewel beyond price.  Not
to mention not being able to hear traffic noise!

Padraig

=====
Nunc est bibendum