[Elfsea] Re: new squire

Lapsus Linguae vanora at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 01:31:54 PDT 2001

>Last I looked we did not have a youth chivalric combat marshal. Were you
>volunteering for that? We do show Lord Valentyne Drake as youth rapier
>marshal, but he has not been active in Elfsea with our youth.
>
>I suspect we should be recruiting youth marshals in the various
>allowable positions so we might offer that activity to our youth.
>
>Caelin

   I am currently a youth combat marshal in Trimaris and am in the works of
returning home to Ansteorra. I'd love to authorize there as a YCM as well
and would be willing to hold a couple of youth practices along-side the
adult practices per month in Eflsea. If something becomes organized in the
barony in the meantime, please keep me abreast so that I might be able to
"hit the ground running" when I return home.

   A few questions..... What are the ages for youth heavy-combat out there?
Do you have anything in the equestrian areas for the youths? (Proud mom
moment: My daughter has her own horse, is quite the rider, and is eager to
compete for war points.)  Where can I find guidelines on protective gear and
weapons construction requirements for their combat? How far along in
planning/officiating has this reached in Ansteorra? How common are the youth
lists? Would my Trimarian paige be permitted to fight in Ansteorran youth
lists when he visits? Etc?

Au Dieu,
Lady Vanora de Calais

PS... Xene, Morgan and Grant both send their hello's to Anthony.  =)