[Elfsea] Knights Tale Demo....Bad News

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 08:04:07 PDT 2001

Buenos Dias!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just got off the phone with the
manager of the Grapevine Mills AMC Theatre.

He said that AMC now has a strict policy against groups doing demos at their
theatres (even a static demo is out). According to him, after the Star Wars
and Star Trek movies came out, they had some insurance liability problems
with some of these recreationist groups. He did not go into any more detail
than that.

My idea was just everyone show up in garb, say Saturday night, and watch the
movie together. This would definately draw attention to us and though we
would not be doing a demo, it would give us the oppurtunity to talk about
who we are and what we do.

I'm open to suggestions at this point. (Any ideas Vix?? Cait?? anyone??)

Maria