[Elfsea] Outcome of Defender of the Flame in Glaslyn

Theresa Wyatt teebyrd at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 18:24:40 PDT 2001

    Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding does send greetings to the folk this
fine, if not sore, day after Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame.

     Since I have not seen anything yet,  let me say, on behalf of the
canton, we very much appreciate the support of all those people who
showed despite the ever threatening weather.   All the fighters fought
well and, from what I heard, everyone had fun.

   The Defenders of the Flame are, in Rapier, Don Brendan McEwan, and,
in Chivalric, Sir Romanius after HE Earl Alaric Drake yielded the day as
the round entered a six-on-one situation.  Both Defenders proved their
valor. Vivat!

   The Ladies of Glaslyn chose the Keepers of the Flame based on their
chivalry, valor,  and courtesy. The Keepers are, in Rapier, Lord David
de la Roke, and, in Chivalric, Lord Armand Dragonetti.  These two kind
gentles were found to be of good spirits and remarkable honor.  Vivat!

   I would like to extend a special thanks to Their Excellencies
Freiherr Fritz der Rothirsch and Baroness Catrin Brynmorgan, Lord and
Lady Steppes, Glaslyn, and Lindenwood, for the support and presence of
our canton's event.  They are most kind and an example of the great
strength the Crown shows in picking the nobles of this fine land.

   On a darker note, it seems one of our own has turned to shady ways.
Lord Llew Mailin presented Their Excellencies with a gift of sheep.
However, these sheep bore not only the mark of the Canton of Loch Ruadh
but also the brand of Freiherr Fritz!
    To see this poor, lost lord's saga play to its own known end, please
come to Steppes Warlord Memorial Day weekend in Canton, TX!

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding,
hyrnboda Glaslynes