[Elfsea] Parks

Shelly Edwards Rebekah.of.Newcastle at pandora.org
Thu Nov 15 14:35:48 PST 2001

I just spoke with the Director for the Bedford Parks.  After I talked to his office a week or two ago, he met with the head of the Parks Board to discuss us using the Boys Ranch.  To be able to use it, we would have to write a letter of request, be placed on the next Parks Board Meeting agenda (Jan 3rd), and go before the board for permission just to use the park because of what we want to do at the park.  He also stated that they have park ordinances against any projectiles and could not give us a waiver to allow archery (due to other groups that that have requested and been denied use of the park.)

>From my talk with him, it didn't sound like he thought that we would be able to get permission from the Parks Board to use the Boys Ranch and if we could, it wouldn't be until after the meeting in January.  So, in effect, it seems that the Boys Ranch is pretty much out of the running.

In Service,
Rebekah