[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

Synrik synrik at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 13 18:37:49 PST 2001

Also, not to pick on the herald, if I remember the stats. that were sent out not
too long ago, a full third of the Elfsea populace live in the canton of Loch
Ruadh.

Also, the chances of recruiting someone at random at Trinity Park is a whole lot
better than in any other park that has been mentioned.

And not to press home the point, but the level of membership has dropped
considerably on the Baronial level as well as the Kingdom.  And if you do not
recruit new blood, then the barony will eventually die: everyone will have been
used up and burned out.

Our fighters are a hook to get the people to look.  They stand out in a crowd no
matter where they practice.  At that point the Barony should have some
literature that they could hand out and have a little A&S on hand for those that
are willing to ask.  But you also have to be where you can be seen by those that
would want to join the Dream: basically large parks where a bunch of yuppies
hang out.  That's your target.

Almost secondarily is the fact that the Barony is so large that their is a huge
split down the middle as for who does and does not get to go to all those A&S
nights and who gets trained and seen by the knights.

An idea was kicked around not too long ago about simplifying the calendar quite
a bit by scheduling A&S and some other events all on the same night in all of
the cantons (treating Arlington as a canton on it's own).  This idea I would
like to revisit, or perhaps making some of these 'nights' more central as well.
Because if we do not pull together, the the cantons are truly on their own . . .
and that could breed decent ion.  For example: Stepps ---the North vs. the
South.  But in our case, east vs. west.