[Elfsea] Pressing topic: New Park for Practices

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 19:02:30 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/13/01 8:50:05 PM Central Standard Time,
synrik at earthlink.net writes:

> Also, not to pick on the herald, if I remember the stats. that were sent out
> not
> too long ago, a full third of the Elfsea populace live in the canton of
> Loch
> Ruadh.
>
> Also, the chances of recruiting someone at random at Trinity Park is a
> whole lot
> better than in any other park that has been mentioned.
>
> And not to press home the point, but the level of membership has dropped
> considerably on the Baronial level as well as the Kingdom.  And if you do
> not
> recruit new blood, then the barony will eventually die: everyone will have
> been
> used up and burned out.
>
> Our fighters are a hook to get the people to look.  They stand out in a
> crowd no
> matter where they practice.  At that point the Barony should have some
> literature that they could hand out and have a little A&S on hand for those
> that
> are willing to ask.  But you also have to be where you can be seen by those
> that
> would want to join the Dream: basically large parks where a bunch of
> yuppies
> hang out.  That's your target.
>
> Almost secondarily is the fact that the Barony is so large that their is a
> huge
> split down the middle as for who does and does not get to go to all those A&
> nights and who gets trained and seen by the knights.
>
> An idea was kicked around not too long ago about simplifying the calendar
> quite
> a bit by scheduling A&S and some other events all on the same night in all
> of
> the cantons (treating Arlington as a canton on it's own).  This idea I
> would
> like to revisit, or perhaps making some of these 'nights' more central as
> well.
> Because if we do not pull together, the the cantons are truly on their own
> . . .
> and that could breed decent ion.  For example: Stepps ---the North vs. the
> South.  But in our case, east vs. west.

You have forgotten one major factor. Yes, the Barony is large. It is the same
size it was when it was founded.(about) We use to be able to travel late into
the night. The major factor is that now a lot of us have children and have to
think of their school work and sleep.