[Elfsea] Archery Practice

Don Valentyn DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Fri Nov 16 15:08:18 PST 2001

Karrick, it will be wonderful if a park can be found where every activity is
allowed.  It's obviously ideal to have all our activities practiced
together, particularly since Elfsea has such a higher sense of community
than many of the other baronies.

I don't think the "lack of interest" in archery has anything to do with
Elfsea denizens not caring about archery -- I find it more likely that
they're simply being realistic.  Your scenarios of dangerous epees and loose
faceplates doesn't really compare, from a mundane city manager's point of
view, to the obvious danger of having sharp projectiles shot in a public
park.

If we can find a park where shooting arrows is allowed, great.  The opinion
*I* expressed through the survey is simply that I don't see archery as a
make or break factor for casting my vote.  If River Legacy or the Boys Ranch
or Trinity will allow archery, that'd sway my vote for the all-inclusive
site.  If none of them will, though, I won't go searching for a park in
Weatherford where archery is legal.  The issue has nothing to do with me
being anti-archery or "not caring" -- it's simply a balance between what's a
realistic drive to get the most out of a site.  If you can find a park
that'll allow archery, by all means suggest it and let everyone throw out
their opinions on the location.

Valentyn