[Elfsea] Crime Statistics for Trinity - Coming Soon!

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Thu Nov 15 12:57:06 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Greetings to all,
I have followed this tread in silence, but now have decided to speak up.
First let me explain what a lot of you don't seem to understand.  There are
two separate parks in the area you are calling Trinity Park.  Forest Park is
where the zoo & soccer fields are with the Log Cabin Village right across
University Dr.  Trinity Park does not cross the river anywhere at either end.
There are bike and jogging paths all along the west side of the river from the
Subway parking lot on out to Benbrook.  The actual park starts a little north
of the Seventh St. bridge and continues on down to behind the Ole South
Pancake House. The most usable part for us, is from the I-30 bridge to the
Seventh St bridge.  In that area you have the big playground, with a big open
area close to it; then the best part for archery is the shelter house were
they do 'Shakespeare in the Park'.  Behind it you have the big dikes that
would make a great back stop for the archery.
As to safety,  we have an abundance of COPS, Code Blue, Neighborhood Patrols
or what ever you want to call them on this side of town.  By the articles in
the Star-Telegram, our crime rate is down.  If we were to call this group and
let them know we were going to be in the area, I feel sure they would check it
out frequently.  Also the National Guard Armory adjoins Trinity Park and they
come and go all weekend.
I really can't understand all this concern about security since the practice
is in the afternoon where a bunch of people are going by on the paths;  on top
of which, this is the group that used to meet at night in the T & P  train
station under the overhead downtown.   That was a scary area if you are prone
to be that way.  If you want exposure to the general public for recruitment
purposes, then you are going to get some people that are undesirable no matter
where you are;  the Hospitaler just has to be careful what information she
gives out to whom.
I do not mean to upset or irritate anyone by my comments, I just felt Trinity
Park needed it's reputation cleared up a bit.  We have used it for years and
never had a problem with anyone there.
Of course I vote for Trinity Park because it is close to me and I might even
get to come to the practices there.  The map Timothy did was very nice but
there are things it can't reflect because not everyone starts to fighter
practice from home.  I do but I drive west for 20 minutes before I start back
east to practice, because I pick up Baroness Dana.  And this is my choice. So
I have 40 minutes driving time in before I leave home.  The driving time and
distance is a major determining factor in my attendance at all Elfsea
activities; so I pick and choose which ones I attend.  I can't make them all
and for a while now, fighter practice has been one not chosen.
Thanks for reading my long post.......aren't you all glad I don't do it often.
Bicé
Loch Ruadh