[Elfsea] For those who weren't at Moot...

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 15:42:25 PST 2001

I have the crime stats for the Arlington parks. :O) I
kinda filched them off the Arlington Police Intranet
so SHHHHH don't tell anyone! I called FW Parks & Rec
and will fax them a written request tonight and will
hopefully have the results by next week (then again,
you know how bureaucracy is...).

These statistics represent only the crimes that are
reported between 01/01/01 to 11/15/2001. I was unable
to go back to last year but I did speak with the
person who keeps the stats and she gave me last year's
rough comparisons.

Basically, here's how the Arlington parks break down:
CRIME                    NUMBER OF REPORTS

Randol Mill Park
1901 W. Randol Mill Road

Assault - Domestic:                1
Disturbance - Loud Noise:          17
Domestic Disturbance:              2
Public Intoxication:               1
Assault:                           1
Criminal Mischief:                 3
Theft:                             2
Suspicious Person:                 33
Threat/Harassment:                 1
Vehicle Burglary:                  1

TOTAL CASES:                       62

Not bad for a major park in a city. These are the
major crime categories. As you can see, there were no
rapes, murders or vehicle thefts in the park for the
last 11 months. From what I understand, crime has
dropped in the past four years at Randol Mill. The
suspicious persons category is basically someone
getting the heebeejeebies about a person passing
through. Normally, persons reported as suspicious are
either given a warning or a ticket.

Veterans Park
3600 W. Arkansas Ln, Arlington

Assault - Domestic:                 0
Disturbance - Loud Noise:           1
Domestic Disturbance:               2
Public Intoxication:                0
Assault:                            0
Criminal Mischief:                  0
Theft:                              0
Suspicious Person:                  6
Threat/Harassment:                  0
Unauthorized Use/Vehicle:           1
Vehicle Burglary:                   2

TOTAL CASES:                        12

Again, this park is in a good area of town (I should
know, I live nearby). Very few cases at this park. No
violent crimes reported.

S.J. Stovall Park
2800 W. Sublett Rd, Arlington

Assault - Domestic:                 0
Arson Investigation:                1
Disturbance - Loud Noise:           5
Domestic Disturbance:               0
Fight:                              5
Public Intoxication:                0
Assault:                            0
Criminal Mischief:                  2
Reckless Damage:                    1
Theft:                              1
Suspicious Person:                  7
Threat/Harassment:                  1
Vehicle Burglary:                   1

TOTAL CASES:                        24

This is the park that we held Passage of Arms at last
year. The biggest problem the Arlington Police have
with this park are people who "park" and the
suspicious persons are usually kids trying to sell
marijuana. Again, no major violent crimes were
reported.

River Legacy Park
701 Green Oaks Blvd NW, Arlington

Assault - Domestic:                 0
Disturbance - Loud Noise:           1
Domestic Disturbance:               0
Evading Arrest:                     1
Drugs Possession:                   1
Public Intoxication:                1
Assault:                            1
Criminal Mischief:                  4
Theft:                              1
Suspicious Person:                  7
Threat/Harassment:                  1
Vehicle Burglary:                   16

TOTAL CASES:                        34

The biggest problem at River Legacy Park is not listed
on this report. I work in the Auto Theft Unit and this
is where we get the majority of abandoned vehicles
that are reported stolen. You will note that we also
have a problem with vehicle burglaries. However, River
Legacy Park has cleaned up since last year, when we
had two murders and 24 vehicle burglaries at the park.

So, there you have it for the Arlington Parks. Fort
Worth stats are still forthcoming. I'll post them as
soon as they are available.

Yours in service,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely

=====