[Elfsea] the park soapbox

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Thu Nov 15 20:33:27 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/15/2001 9:46:41 PM Central Standard Time,
GulesBaron at aol.com writes:

> I don't know about y'all but the only park I hear people saying NO about is
> Trinity.  Should this give us a clue......, maybe.

That's because every other park mentioned is close to those people who say no
to a more western location.  No one has come up with one in the western part
of Ft. Worth EXCEPT Trinity Park.  Everything else is considered under the
umbrella of Loch Ruadh and has been passed over.  One would think that
Vandergriff or Randol Mill or Veterans would be considered Three Bridges
rather than Elfsea proper.  There does seem to be a thought of an "Arlington
Elfsea" and then everyone else.  You can please some of the people some of
the time.....

Meadowbrook is very nice - I don't know about facilities.  There are a number
of places in the South Ft. Worth area as well as the lake area.  There are
locations in Haltom City and NRH that have not been investigated either.  As
well as Lake Arlington and/or school campus' that are open to the public.
Loch Heed/Martin has a campus area near Ridglea.   TCU has some very nice
areas.  There are many options - not just city parks.

The only negatives I have heard are from people who are already near the
fighter practice area at Randol Mill.  Everyone else has had to drive and is
use to it.  And realize that Trinity Park or something in the central Ft.
Worth Area is closer to almost everyone than Moot at the Coor's building.
And as many people noted - we used to really enjoy the T&P building - there
are a number of parks under 5 miles from this area.  Trinity park is approx.
1 mile from that.

I do not fight.  I do try to contribute where I can.  I try to attend where I
can.  That means canton events, barony events, kingdom events.  Four of my
last six events weren't even in Elfsea - they were in Steppes and I live on
the southwest side of Ft. Worth.

I assume that this will be put to a vote at moot.  That is why democracy is
useful, necessary and a workable tool.  Those who want to have a say in this,
can.  Those who want to do something about it will make an effort to attend
and voice their opinion by casting their vote or at least be counted.

I now get off my soapbox and apologize if I have offended anyone

Asa

Sermo datur cunctis, animi sapientia paucis.
Speech is given to many, intelligence to few.