[Elfsea] sca at trf

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 15:05:39 PDT 2001

I went to my first TRF last November and I have to say
I had the time of my life. It was my first experience
heralding and there's nothing like heralding at the
mound as the rain pours and the lightning crashes (and
the scroll falls apart!). I stood in the rain, scroll
in hand, telling the good mundane gentles just how
chivalrous the fighters are in the SCA. I finished,
bowed and realized that, as I was heralding, everyone
else was taking cover from the pouring rain beneath a
tree. ;O)

I met many kind gentles who took my lord and me in
after we forgot a very important part of our tent in
Arlington. The pot luck feast and the hospitality
Saturday night warmed us to the core and the
fighting...did I mention the fighting? WOW! The deaths
are amazing. The oaths are heartwarming. It's a true
sight to see.

Hopefully, my lord and I will be able to attend this
year. I encourange anyone who is even thinking about
it to go. It's an amazing faire and I wouldn't miss it
for the world.

Yours,

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary