[Elfsea] Moot Tonight -- Fighter Practice Discussion

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 11:31:11 PDT 2001

Innes,

Earl Drake came a compelling talk at Moot about this subject, but allow
me to summarize quickly his points on location at least.  From his
research there are three clusters of fighters within Elfsea 'proper'.
This would be a group north of Fort Worth in and around Watauga and
Keller, another group in the HEB/Mid Cities area, and a final group in
the south in South Arlington, Mansfield and Cedar Hill area.

I believe that looking in the HEB area provides the most geographically
centric area to all three of these.  That is of course my opinion.
There is also already a weekday fighter practice in south Arlington,
which is Galen's Tuesday night practice.

I'd be open to just about anywhere, but some of the major consideration
points raised at Moot to consider would be :
* Playground
* Good Grass/Fighting Field
* Available water to the fighting
* Available bathrooms
* Good Lighting at Night
* Good recruiting demographics
* Available shade, seating, etc.
* Archery possible

None of these outweighs the rest, but Randoll Mill is deficient in all
of these except shade & seating.

I would be very interested in seeing us look at the Bedford Boys Ranch,
as Archery would be WONDERFUL to include, and would make some very
happy archers and yeomen in our Barony.  It would also make us the
defacto best War Practice site in the metroplex.

Timothy