[Elfsea] Moot Tonight -- Fighter Practice Discussion

Phelippe Descors descors at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:47:33 PDT 2001

Hello all,

Timothy said:

>I'd be open to just about anywhere, but some of the major consideration
>points raised at Moot to consider would be :
>* Playground
>* Good Grass/Fighting Field
>* Available water to the fighting
>* Available bathrooms
>* Good Lighting at Night
>* Good recruiting demographics
>* Available shade, seating, etc.
>* Archery possible

I totally agree with these aspects, when looking for a new site these things
should be considered. But I think that some compromise would be in order
too.  While the Bedfords' Boys Ranch is a nice place I don't know if I am
willing to make that kind of a trip every weekend just for a couple of hours
of practice.  I don't go to Steppes practice because last time I went up
there it took me over an hour to get there and I have never taken more than
30 minutes to get to RMP.  Right now I can't take advantage of any weekday
evening practice because of school so that leave only weekend practices to
attend once I get my armor up to par.

Right now I am getting the will and drive back to where I am itching to
start going to practice again (both light & heavy) but if practice gets put
too far away from home I might loose the will to attend them regularly.

My opinion is that we should try to keep practice as geographically centered
as possible.

     Phelippe