[Elfsea] possible camping site

Barony of Elfsea Baron and Baroness baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Sep 28 15:16:11 PDT 2001

I'm sure I agree with Innes about Tanglewood's drawbacks, starting with
the distance from home.  Tanglewood is about the same distance from
us as is the Canton First Mondays site, but that's farther than I like.

Nigel asked what's wrong with Tanglewood.

I like the woods, and the fact that it's removed from too much civilization;
but I don't like the fact that it would be hard for emergency services to get
there quickly.

I love the stars at night without lights all around, but that road is a bit
rough to walk along in the dark.  It's hard enough on the feet in daylight.

I love all the trees, but I'd love it more with about 10-15% fewer trees, so
as to allow more comfortable camping.

Water spigots on site would be a Good Thing, as would more accessible
electricity for those who need it, a feast hall in case of rain, classrooms in
which to hold classes, and of course, showers.

It's a good site, I like it better than Canton, and I'm glad Timothy found it.
But it's not perfect, and I haven't given up on finding better.  Besides, as
Donnell pointed out, it's good to have choices.

- Galen

Quoting Ldyinnes at aol.com: