[Elfsea] FWD: Re: [Steppes] Preparing for Gulf War

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Feb 20 11:02:35 PST 2002

At least some of the deaths were not open flames, but the
lack of them. Propane is heavier than air and collects.
Propane heaters without auto shutoff (most of the lower
cost heaters) can blow out or otherwise lose their flame
and continue to fill your tent with a heavy gas. If you are
sleeping low enough to get into the pool of propane, you
will suffocate.

It has happened more than once!

Caelin