[Elfsea] Baronial Questions?

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Feb 20 16:30:41 PST 2002

Very good, Lord Timothy!

Enabling the dream is also a big part of why Pyro and I would take on the
very large task of becoming the Baron and Baroness.

Another part is the ability of the Baron and Baroness to lend their support
to ideas and rally the troops to implement the ideas. I expect to do much
the same things and participate in the same activities whether I become
the Baron or not. But as Baron, participating in an activity increases the
participation of the rest of the Barony. When fighter practice was suffering
a large drop in attendance, Sir Galen and HL Allessandra began attending and
attendance doubled and then tripled.

We hope to enhance communications between Elfsea and its Cantons and College.
We hope to enhance communications with each other. And between the officers.
And between the officers and the populace. ...

We want to increase membership both by attracting new members and by retaining
existing members. Loch Ruadh has been very successful at this. We expect to
consult with them and others. In general, I would always confer with those in
our groups that have skills, experience, and knowledge that can make the Barony
better. We would expect the Keystones to provide advice and leadership to the
B&B and to the Barony as a whole.

I hear from many of our members that they came to love Elfsea because they were
made to feel part of a family when they first approached us. I, too, felt that
and came to be part of Elfsea. We need to make sure that is an ingrained part of
us. That we will always take time to talk to new people and mundanes and make
them welcome.

We need to make sure good deeds are noticed. We learn that children value our
praise more than anything else and are highly motivated by it. It is no different
with adults. And the Baron and Baroness can provide that praise with a kind word
or with an award in a public court.

We can and will do all these things to the best of our ability. As Baron and Baroness
our ability to make things happen to benefit the Barony is somewhat greater.

Caelin and Pyro