[Elfsea] clothiers??

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:29:28 PST 2002

Dear Alegreza,

> Your Grace--

I appreciate the field promotion, but I am an Excellency.  "Graces" are
reserved for the Dukes & Duchesses of this fair land.

> I am highly honored that you would consider my plight and offer your
> services.  I would hate to impose on your most precious time.  However, if
> you would do me the honor of glancing at the proposed gown I am to create
and
> give me your educated opinion as to how the bodice closes in the front?

One of my other titles is "Apprentice" and I am ensla - er - associated with
a most talented and gracious Laurel (the highest award for those who
practice the Arts & Sciences of the SCA).  She would hold my toes over a hot
fire if I did not offer my services to those in need.  :)

As for the gown, I am not certain how it would close, since it seems to not
be closed in the painting.  It look heavily boned, and stiffened.  If I had
to hazard a guess though, I would suggest that it closes with hidden hooks
and eyes.

> I esteem to complete the gown diligently and to wear it with your approval
in
> the future.  I am, however, gratified that you are willing to assist
should
> my predicament become dire.

My approval is not needed, but your own enjoyment.  I would be happy to help
you if I can.

> Yours graciously,

And graciously yours ;)

Alessandra Desiderio