[Elfsea] clothiers??

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Feb 20 13:24:47 PST 2002

>Greetings.  I am new to Elfsea (as well as SCA to be completely accurate).

Greetings Alegreza, welcome to Elfsea where life is good.

>I've been researching a gown that I'd like to make and just wanted to ask if
>there are any experienced seamstresses who would be willing to help if I get
>stuck?  I know I can do the sleeves, skirt and camicea but the bodice may
>give me trouble.  I'll be using the instructions from constructing an Italian
>gown as well as info from Reconstructing History.  Anyone want to serve as
>emergency backup?

We have a group who can do exactly that.  Lady Siobhan, our current seneschal, hosts the Clothiers Guild every month (on the third Thursday this month I believe) to help people with problems, and to make her various tools available to those who might need them.  Her email address is SiobhanON at AOL.COM, though she subscribes to this list and will likely respond as well.

The third Thursday would be tommorow, and the meeting would be at her house.  You can find her information on the Officers page of www.elfsea.org under Seneschal.  I'm sure she'd be happy to get a call if you need directions or wanted to confirm the meeting date.

Timothy of Glastinbury
Chronicler of Elfsea