[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Preparing for Gulf War

Arabella de Montacute arabella at elfsea.net
Wed Feb 20 10:48:27 PST 2002

The best investment I ever made for Gulf War was a 20.00 or less pair of workmans rain boots.  I know they're not period but they usually come in black and at a glace in the rain who's gonna care.  I am very miserable with cold wet feet.

I found out they make my feet sweat.  I got blisters rather quickly.  They did go away the next day after my feet dried out.  You have to remember to change your socks periodically. Hense the 1 and 1/2 times more socks then you think you'll need.

I'll think of more later - Arabella