[Elfsea] B&B Intention

Arabella de Montacute arabella at elfsea.net
Wed Jan 30 14:58:26 PST 2002

Greetings unto Your Stellar Majesties and the Glorious and Exceptional Populace of Elfsea, Loch Ruadh, Dragonsfire Tor and the College of Threebridges from The Honourable Lord Fearghus MacKenna and Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute,

We learned of our Baron and Baroness’s intention to step down in the coming months several days ago and were concerned.  Concerned for the feelings of Galen and Allessandre as well as the feelings of all of you in this time of change.

Their Excellencies Galen and Allessandre have been shining and valuable examples of leadership, integrity and strength.

With these concerns in mind we place ourselves in front of you, Our King and Queen and to the populace, for consideration for the positions of Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.

We have been residing in these fair lands for many years and this is our home and extended family.  Since Anno Societatis XXXII (1997) we have been active in our beloved Barony and in our Stellar Kingdom.

I, Fearghus, have held positions as Baronial Archery Marshall, Central Regional Archery Marshall, Kingdom Archery Marshall and am currently the interim Baronial Knights Marshall.  I have been steward for Elfsea Springfaire and Passage of Arms.  I am the holder of many archery championships from all over our Kingdom including the Premier Royal Huntsman and am the Premier Holder of the Arcus Majoris.  I also have served as Deputy Baronial Seneschal for 2 years.

This last year has been a trying one for our family health wise, but we are all on the mend and health issues should not be a consideration in regarding us in this position.  I have spent the vast majority of my 47 years over coming obstacles that could be considered health related.  These do not stand in my way of accomplishing my goals and desires for enjoyment and work this position will entail.

I feel fully capable of being able to lead this barony not only in the growth of its people and ideals but also to stand forward and lead our people in all areas of the battlefield.

I, Arabella, have held positions as Baronial Historian, Baronial Chronicler, Kingdom Calendar Deputy, have served as Ansteorran Central Regional Land Coordinator for the last 2 years for Gulf War and will for the first time this year will serve as the Ansteorran Representative at the Land Desk for Meridies at Gulf War in March.  I have stewarded Elfsea Defender, served on the senior staff of Ansteorra Twentieth Year Celebration, and co-stewarded the Coronation of Earl Alaric Drake and Countess KayLeigh.

The Arts and Sciences interest me greatly as well as learning more about the Rapier activities.  My younger daughter, Lauren, has just recently indicated a strong interest in the Youth rapier activities and we are looking forward to supporting her in this endeavor.  I am also extremely organized and feel this is a very important attribute needed for an effective Baron or Baroness.

While my husband and my interests vary greatly, we cover the spectrum of the activities in the SCA and in that sense we compliment each other well.

Sometimes I know my personality and exuberant demeanor can be perceived as abrasive and intimidating .  I can only say that it is never my intention to hurt anyone’s feelings or make myself unavailable.  In my excitement and my desire to do what is best for the Barony or whatever situation I’m in at the time, I know I can be a ‘bulldozer’.  I welcome feedback and advice, even at the moment, of how I can handle a situation better.  For this will be my greatest and most challenging arena to change.  As one of our former Kingdom Seneschal said frequently, “Communication is the Key.”  This will be just as true no matter who is chosen to bear this honour and task of leading our Barony.

Change is always difficult on many different levels and diverse for many people.  We are looking at this development and opportunity as a way to become better people personally in addition to becoming the Baron and Baroness you should expect for the Barony of Elfsea.

This we do pledge, we would be the Baron and Baroness for all peoples for our fair Barony.  We also pledge to support whole-heartedly whomever our Crown chooses for our Baron and Baroness.  Our house is always open should you have any questions or advice for us.  We will be at all Baronial activities, events, and fighter practices as well as Lindenwood’s Border Wars in the coming month should you have any guidance.

We can be reached at 817-467-6959 at home or by email at fearghus at elfsea.net or arabella at elfsea.net

In Faithful Service to Barony and Kingdom,
Honourable Lord Fearghus MacKenna, CAM
Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute CSM