[Elfsea] Greek/Norse/Roman Mythology for Kids

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 07:52:10 PST 2002

I'm amazed! I just discovered my daughter (2nd Grade) knows a
good deal of Greek mythology. I quizzed her and seems she knows
more that I do!  :::Proud Mom Grin:::  Alas, her response was
"HUH?" when I asked her if she knows any Norse or Roman
mythology. I promised her I'd look for books on the topics, but
can't find anything for her age group. (I always buy her and my
son books of a level one grade above theirs). Anyone have any
suggestions? Doesn't the Green Duck carry children's books on
period topics? (Can't find a link).

D'Aulaire's "Norse Gods and Giants" I know for sure.  Thee is a newer one called Odin's Family (I think), and there is another called Children of Odin (or at least was at one time-- I think the title might have changed).

   In my opinion, it never hurts for the parents to read up themselves and tell the stories to their kids at each owns level.  I often spend as much time explaining the stories my way after reading stories to my own son. :)  My son for some reason does not enjoy my linguistic rantings though. LOL!

Welga!
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding Wulfricinga Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com