[Elfsea] trailer update

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 08:37:13 PDT 2002

I'm glad you will recover your financial losses,
eventually.  Of course, that cannot replace the
sentimental value of many of your items.  I once, in
my stupidity, lost most of my parents' books by not
paying the storage fees on time (too busy putting my
inheritance up my nose).  The monetary value of the
books was incredible -- first editions, leather bound,
autographed, books from the 1800s with beautiful
plates of flora and fauna -- I still kick myself when
I think about it.  But then I have to remind myself of
an "old Chinese proverb" that Logan told me once:

"A prudent man, throughout the course of a long life,
will occasionally find it necessary to abandon his
baggage by the side of the road."

Not that that has ever made me feel any better, but it
sounds good.

Hope all is well chez Cleavely.

Adieu,
Madelina