[Elfsea] A Birthday, A Birthday!!

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Mon Jul 22 15:09:18 PDT 2002

Greetings to all of you,

I am very happy to be turning 40, the beginning of the second half of my
lifetime.  I am overjoyed to be able to spend it with my very dear friend
Galen and all of you.  My birthday is very special to me.  It marks the day
my parents rejoiced in their love and my birth.  I wouldn't be here if not
for them.

I look back and realize I graduated high school 22 years ago.  That seams
like such a long time ago, but yet I remember it like it was yesterday.  It
doesn't seem like 20 years since I took my first steps to becoming an adult.
Time has flown by.

During my SCA time I have had the privilege of sharing my birth date with a
very special person.  We were excited on meeting another person with the
same birthday and even more shocked to discover the same year and very close
to the same time but different places. (Galen is a few hours older than I,
he in Illinois and me in Mansfield, TX.) When Galen and I established the
tradition of celebrating together, I was blessed.  We have had skating
parties, dinners, meetings and movie nights.  This party will be hopefully
not be the last as they are moving away. (I hope they will find the ability
to move back here.)

I had fun on my 30th, my husband arranged for personal clown entertainment
at a local restaurant. It was a blast.  At 30, I finally felt like an adult
and not a kid.

But this birthday will be much more special.  Galen and I are celebrating
our 40th birthday with all our friends. I hope everyone can come and wish us
a very happy beginning of the rest of our adulthood.

Gifts are not necessary but if you must and don't have a clue what we like,
we both have wish lists on Amazon.com.  Go to 'Wish List' at the top of the
page, then 'find a wish list' and type in Lisa Duke and Paul Mitchell, for
an address type in Arlington, TX.

Contact Allessandre so she can co-ordinate food.  This is dinnertime and we
should know who is bringing meat, who is bringing veggies/salad, who is
bringing dessert, who is bringing snacks.  Contact her at 817-467-6959.

If you need directions to Xene's house, contact her at 972-299-9697

Date July 28th (this coming Sunday)
Time 6:00  - 9:00p.m.

Let's whoop it up!!!! 40 is a Special Birthday!!!!
Arabella - who is very happy to be turning 40.
Greetings one and all!

As some of you know,we have two birthdays coming soon!  Arabella
and my husband Galen will be turning... older this year, and we
would like to celebrate by inviting the Barony of Elfsea to a
potluck feast on July 28th 6:00 - 9:00 pm at Xene & Llwellyn's
home in Cedar Hill.  Their address is 302 Sweetgum Dr. Cedar Hill,
75104.

Hope you can make it!

Ciao,
Alessandra Desiderio