[Elfsea] First Aid/CPR classes to get certs for Chirurgeons

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Jun 18 08:59:03 PDT 2002

This was sent to Ansteorra Announce and it just occurred to me that some of you might not be subscribed to that. I don't know why not, but it is probable. If you are interested, get me
a check, money order, whatever made out to Paulette Bowker-Wallis to reserve your slot. This is really, really the cheapest you will see for CPR and first aid. Red Cross has raised their rates to $65 for the same class.

Caelin

---------------------------------------

Many people have asked for classes to get their required certifications in First Aid and CPR to become Chirurgeons. Since we really want to have more Chirurgeons, we have set up a couple of classes to be held in the DFW area.

The first is on July 7th (a Sunday) from 8am to noon for CPR and 1PM to 5PM for first aid. The course is at my home and I will be serving lunch to those who come. The price for both sessions is $20/person. If you only need one of the sessions, please contact me as we have not set the prices for CPR or First Aid only. We have a limit of 20 people and require advance reservations with prepayment of class costs.

This class is taught by MagD'Leigha MacanGhabhann (mka: Paulette Bowker-Wallis) a Chirurgeon of the Canton of Loch Ruadh who mundanely teaches First Aid and CPR. She is making a very special price for us. The Red Cross is now charging $65 for the same course. All money goes directly to MagD'Leigha to cover her expenses and recording fees.

Additionally, MagD'Leigha has agreed to take a small number of people through a challenge test. This is useful if you really know First Aid and CPR pat, but need to get the certs. It takes about 2 hours to challenge and it will probably be done on a weekday night in the week before or after the course. Contact me by email if you wish to investigate this option (chirurgeon at ansteorra.org).

Send checks for $20 made out to Paulette Bowker-Wallis to my address

Richard Threlkeld
2220 Patterson Pl
Arlington, Tx  76012

Refunds will only be made if we can fill your place with another student.

The second course will be about 20-30 days later (date/time not yet set) and will cost more, but will teach basic First Aid and professional CPR for those that need it. The main difference between community CPR and professional CPR lies in the additional instruction in two-person CPR and the use of Oxygen and masks. Contact me at chirurgeon at ansteorra.org if you want this option.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede
Kingdom Chirurgeon, Ansteorra