[Elfsea] Gel Candle Warning

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Mon Mar 25 22:20:55 PST 2002

Christine Huse wrote:

> I don't usually forward things like this, but I thought I would share this.
> My mother sent this to me (it came from her genieology lists). I have seen
> folks burning these at feasts!
>
> "I had a gel candle from Bath and Body Works and it got so hot it broke the
> jar into little pieces.
(snip)

There are some risks with some gel candles, the explanation in the
forwarded letter is off on some significant points.

Here is some more information on the subject:

http://www.snopes2.com/toxins/gel.htm

Sluggy!

--

Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any
more than just standing in a garage makes you a car.