[Elfsea] Re: [Ansteorra] Pirates At Steppes Warlord

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 21:13:58 PDT 2002

My most dear and honored lady,

I had once thought that this was only rumour as well.
However, my lord husband, who is a seaman in his own
right, had discovered whilst inspecting the local
tavern, that the dreaded pirate Jacquote de la Hay and
her mischevious band of pirates were planning on
looting and pillaging the upcoming festivities in our
neighbouring barony.

I do believe that our most gracious and humble Lord
and Lady Elfsea as well as their Excellencies Steppes
are aware of this...planned invasion. I have been told
that Jacquote de la Hay is a terror and a woman, no
less. However, do not allow her weaker sex to deceive
you, madame; she is a fierce and dreadful pirate. Do
call your husband home. Gather your servants and warn
them accordingly. Though this may just be a rumour (I
pray by the saints that it is), it would do us good to
be on our guard.

Until your missive reaches my door, I pray you good
e'en, dear and honored lady. Godspeed this message,
and I pray your household is safe.

In humble service,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely

Postscriptum: Jacquote is fond of sending her crew out
in the form of "lords" and "ladies". Do not be fooled.
It will be difficult to recognize some of these
hideous beasts but, if one looks carefully, we may see
some within our own baronial ranks. Take care, lady.

EC

--- Arabella de Montacute <arabella at elfsea.net> wrote:
> My Dearest Eleanor Cleavely,
> I was sitting in my drawing room quietly reading my
> Book of Hours and talking to my servent about
> acquiring more silk thread for my blackwork when a
> messenger arrived at my home with your message.
>
> I thought this was only a rumor about dread pirates
> coming to our fair land.  Tell me, what do you know?
>  How can we protect ourselves?  Should I send a
> messenger to my Lord Husband to come home from his
> pilgramage to protect our home?  Does the Baron
> know?  Yes the guard must be alerted immediately.
> So as we travel to our fair neighbors land the
> people and the Baron's possessions of Elfsea can be
> protected.
>
> Send me word quickly, for the time grows near for we
> must travel and arrangements must be made for our
> safty and comfort.
>
> Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute
>

> >My dear Lady Arabella,
> >
> >do make sure our guard is on hand to protect our
> >barony's camp. I hear there are to be pirates
> afoot,
> >and nasty ones at that! I fear that, without the
> >guard's protection, Elfsea and her people may be
> >attacked! Be on guard!
> >
> >Yours in humble service,
> >Lady Eleanor Cleavely

=====