[Elfsea] yet another job bites the dust

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 19:14:31 PDT 2002

Consider doing temp work.  Many companies today are
reluctant to hire full time workers directly "off the
street".  They want to test drive you, so to speak.
They have the option of seeing what kind of worker you
are for a while (generally 1 - 3 months) before they
can pick up the option of hiring you.  At least this
is true where I work.  We once went through 6 temps,
who stayed anywhere from 1 day to 2 months, before
finally hiring someone who has been in the position
over a year now.

Good luck,
Madelina de Lindesaya
Canton of Loch Ruadh