[Elfsea] cost of medical care WAY off topic

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Thu Nov 21 12:28:09 PST 2002

I just got the bill for my brain surgery and thank God we have insurance.
Which is why we're paying $700.00 per month for health insurance.

Total charges   $21,216.44
Insurance Payments   $12,850.68 -
Patient Payments   $0.00
Adjustments/Discounts   $8,321.26 -
Current Balance   $44.50

If all I have to pay to save my life is $44.50, that's a great deal.

21 thousand dollars is the price of a nice new car these days.  My life is
worth the cost of a car.  And it makes you wonder why hospitals have to mark
up the cost just to get the money they want.  It also tells me why medical
costs are up and out of control.

GRRRRRRRR

Arabella