[Elfsea] Medieval Valentine Banquet/Demo/Event

Ciarlariello, Keith W keith.w.ciarlariello at lmco.com
Mon Feb 17 15:36:18 PST 2003

I would like to echo the words of Lord Ceatta.

Because of the magnificent display of medieval prowess, we have made a
lasting positive impression on the members of Pantego Bible Church.  And
because of the inroads that were made with the church elders, we have the
opportunity to use their annex as a feast hall FREE OF CHARGE, for any
future event that we desire.

I would like to say however, that I was dismayed that Ampguard was able to
overshadow us so easily, and thus inject the concepts of fantasy dragons and
buxom babes into what could have been a more historically period event, for
those mundanes who do not know the difference.

I realize that we all have life commitments, and cannot provide support all
the time to the SCA.  This is fine and I have no trouble with saying "NO",
when needed.  However there were a few more than three members of this
Barony who made a promise to attend this demo.  I consider it only honorable
that when a promise is made, that it be kept at all costs.

(Okay! Okay!  Wilhelm will now get down off of his soap box!)

In Service,
Lord Wilhelm Von Oldenburg
Premier Azure Keystone of Elfsea