[Elfsea] two quick questions for the Baronial candidates

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Jul 24 07:01:26 PDT 2003

Tough questions.

> Bonjour!
>
> I have two quick questions for the Baronial candidates:
>
> 1. If something happened to you, either financially or
> healthwise (Heaven forbid!), that caused you to have to take
> a year-long hiatus from the S.C.A., how would you feel?
> (crushed? relieved?, etc.)

First, I cannot imagine anything that would prevent me from
being part of the SCA. Not fighting, OK. Not marshalling, OK.
Not Chirurgeoning, well it could happen. But most of the
SCA is the extended family it creates. I could be in an iron
lung and people would come by to see me and the SCA would still
be part of me.

On the other hand, I would not be crushed if I could not be part
of the SCA. I would find something else to engage my mind and
body (though it might not be as good a fit as the SCA). I am
not capable of not having such a focus for my energies. The
SCA succeeded the Boy Scouts, for instance.

> 2. In the above situation, what would you do with your free time?

Depending on what I am still able to do after the calamity above
and what I could expect to do later, I would read, work on A&S,
redo my armor, and keep up with my friends. I guess the real
question here is "What free time?".

> Amicalement,
> Madelina de Lindesay

In service,