[Elfsea] Investiture Planning

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:31:04 PDT 2003

The only logical reasons I can think of & my responses, though I am sure
there are more, would be;
1. if they were not going to be there, though the kingdom calendar shows
them there
2. if they want to make sure they have plenty of time to interview all
candidates. This is important, as I know of a Barony far far away whose new
B&B were voted for in the polling by a rather large Household they belonged
to, but whose members, weren't even paid members & for the most part no
longer played. They would just come out to support their members but did not
participate in the Barony. This B&B had stated in the letter of intent that
they only wanted to be figureheads for the baronial government & did not
plan on doing any work. The candidates in this hat race were not interviewed
by their crown. The popular vote was accepted & the most popular, not the
candidates willing to put in the work, are  the new B&B of that poor Barony.
3. if they just don't realize that we can put this together that fast & that
Defender XXV is not just another year to us. This can be explained to them &
should not be a real problem.
4. if they think there is already so much planned, awards & such, that there
wouldn't be time. Schedules can be juggled.

just my few thoughts,
Gabriele deB

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are
allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)