[Elfsea] springfaire question

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Thu Mar 20 15:59:23 PST 2003

My Friends,
For the following competitions, I have a few comments and a question.

>Oldest Wearable Garb Contest;

Here is a real challenge.
Dig deeply my friends, as I have the tunic and belt that I made for my first event, 21 years ago. And I still wear it and the scrub pants that I wore at that event.

>Best Barbarian Costume Contest;

I have an outfit that I wore for the last "official" Barbarian event held in Bjornsborg. And worn for a couple of the previous ones as well. The question is: Do you want me to wear it, or do you simply want it displayed?
(Warning: This was the outfit worn when we won the Second Most Barbaric Act competition. We were sitting in a circle around a kiddy pool, with ice water and a keg in the middle. Tossing the beer hose back and forth, belching and scratching as good barbarians should.) The First Most Barbaric Act always went to everyone who dared camp in south Ansteorra in July.

Crandall