[Elfsea] springfaire question

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Thu Mar 20 19:38:31 PST 2003

Arabella here ....Crandall my answers are below:

My Friends,
For the following competitions, I have a few comments and a question.

>Oldest Wearable Garb Contest;

Here is a real challenge.
Dig deeply my friends, as I have the tunic and belt that I made for my first
event, 21 years ago. And I still wear it and the scrub pants that I wore at
that event.

****** it can be SCA old or pre-period old... your choice

>Best Barbarian Costume Contest;

I have an outfit that I wore for the last "official" Barbarian event held in
Bjornsborg. And worn for a couple of the previous ones as well. The question
is: Do you want me to wear it, or do you simply want it displayed?

*******that is also your choice.  If display is chosen there will be tables
available close to the Baronial tent. Whatever is most fun for you.

(Warning: This was the outfit worn when we won the Second Most Barbaric Act
competition. We were sitting in a circle around a kiddy pool, with ice water
and a keg in the middle. Tossing the beer hose back and forth, belching and
scratching as good barbarians should.) The First Most Barbaric Act always
went to everyone who dared camp in south Ansteorra in July.

Crandall