[Elfsea] December Scroll?

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 13:31:09 PST 2004

You know, there were a few times when Llywelyn and I didn't get our reports
into the Scroll in time, and they just weren't in there.  I think the
solution of setting a deadline and sticking with it is a good and wise
decision.

Warning:  Xene's philosophy  and opinions ahead - Take or Leave It

I would also like to caution that when officers are repeatedly not
performing their jobs, it reflects very badly on the Baron and Baroness.

If the officers are reporting to their Regional deputy on time, they should
be able to send a copy to the Chronicler - on time. If they can't do a
simple e-mail, or cut and paste from their regional report, then perhaps
they need to step down and find another officer to fulfill their duties.
Having the report in the Scroll is a good back-up to prove that you have
been reporting on a regular basis.

Everyone has LIFE jump up and bite them on the butt on occasion, and that's
why we have deputies. Use them wisely and train them well.

 And, we have already had enough problems in this Barony as a direct result
of this kind of lackadasical approach to one's duties as an officer.

Frank and honest discussion of the problems is not an attack on the
individual, but a way for the "family" that is Elfsea to be able to discuss
their problems and to find a solution. Truth can hurt, but not as much as
pretending that problems don't exist.

Officers should do their duties.  Reports should be on time.  The Scroll
should be on time.  People should communicate without worrying about being
lambasted.

And if you can't do the job - LET IT GO!!   There is no stain on one's honor
for stepping down when you can no longer perform an office.  There are
problems, though, when you repeatedly bite off more than you can chew.

Life is Good in Elfsea!

Now, I'll go back to my baking and housecleaning for the holidays.

Baroness Xene Theriane, OP, OL