[Elfsea] Your Barony Needs your Help...

Damon and Christine Huse dchuse at netzero.com
Fri Feb 13 10:12:21 PST 2004

Mini sewing kits are a big help for fighters, too. I can't tell you how many
times I've had to fix a tear in Phelippe's pants (while he was wearing
them). You can make these at home, too.

Pre-thread 3 or 4 needles w/ about a 1/2 yard of thread (measure nose to
finger tip). Make a knot at the eye (not the end) so, that the thread
doesn't fall off easily. Use a small piece of scrap fabric to hold the
needles. Put the little package in an Altoid or some other small tin.
Optional, decorate the tin (your kids can do this part....some paint, glue
and plastic rhinestones can go a long way.

I recomend using black, white and brown thread to thread the needles. With
this little sewing kit, the fighter can quickly grab a needle, knot the
thread, do a quicky sew job, knot, cut the thread and get back on the field
ASAP.

For the covered notbooks...the type that hang off the belt are period (15th
century). Mistress Cynthia Virtue has some easy directions on how to make
them...

http://www.virtue.to/articles/girdlebook.html

Good ideas, Sabine!

Maria