[Elfsea] Your Thoughts?

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 11:26:08 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/29/2004 11:12:59 AM Central Standard Time, DonnelShaw
writes:

In a message dated 7/28/2004 11:15:14 PM Central Standard Time,  writes:

Elfsea is the name of the Baronial land we live in. Many  castles or keeps
had a different name, do we wish to name our  castle?
It is already named Elfsea. If there is a name only the ones who built it
would know. Maybe it is written in secret upon a stone somewhere we have  yet to
discover. In Elvish perhaps because in those ancient days they did  things
like that.

What kind of castle motte and bailey, stone keep, or  concentric castle?
It has always been made of stone. Just look at our device.

Is the a tavern in the keep or outside?
Oh yes. It was started with Startwinkle and house Sierras, Then on to
Lokies, Dragon's Blood, Frost (Lock Rudh).... I know there are more out  there I
just can't remember them all. Not to mention the mead that has been  made.
But I would suspect there are a few outside the keep as well:).

Are there shops in or outside the keep?
I would say that there are some in the keep who are long established and
then there are some scattered to the hills and can only be found if one is  truly
looking.

Is the hall big?
Since this is a magical place it always seems to be the right size for  the
populus. Amazing how that happens.

Is there a large number of solders garrisoned in the  castle?
As any castle it varies. At times we have a large number until we have a
noble who pulls from our garrison. Then it is quite small. But we always have  a
garrison if need be to answer the call when it is made.

Kings from Elfsea  6 total
They do have a habit of doing it more than once and that keeps the  populus
of Elfsea busy.

Is there a large stable?
No we have always had trouble with our dragons and thus it is small.:) We
keep replenishing it but every 100 thousand (miles) or so we loose a dragon  and
have to replace it.

How many towers does it have?
6 as Seamus proved the other night. But there might be 8.

Are they round or square?
We have some of each. See Seamus?

Does it have a moat?
Yes, except in July and August. This is Ansteorra. Hot hot hot!

How do you see the grounds of Elfsea?
Fair and beautiful with many flowers. The flowers bloom but then die and  for
a while it is barren until the new season hits and the flowers bloom. Such
is the circle of life. It will stop for no one.

Is there a great sea near the castle?
No many little sea's since when it was founded everyone looked around and
noted that there were many small lakes/seas.

Is there a ghost in the castle?
Oh yes there are ghosts many ghosts and every once in a while they show  up.

Thank you for your time
Ameline
Lady  Elfsea

Remember that SCA was built on the magic of our image of what the past  could
have and would have been like in King Author's time. The first  coronation
was in Elfsea. We make the magic.  We can only do that if we  work as a team.
Elfsea has put on many events were the magic crackled in the  air for myself and
others. Keep the tradition alive and the Magic real.

In Service  to the Children
In remembering our past we must look to our future.
Lady Maili Donnel  MacGregor