[Elfsea] last Sunday's Fighter practice and Video Night in Arlington

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Fri Jul 30 08:28:19 PDT 2004

On the contrary...

I saw several people swinging sticks and NOT hitting those knights.  :)

Valentyn

-----Original Message-----
From: elfsea-bounces+donvalentyn=jeffturnerfiction.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:elfsea-bounces+donvalentyn=jeffturnerfiction.com at ansteorra.org] On
Behalf Of Vicki Marsh
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 9:54 AM
To: Gordon Fridenberg; Barony of Elfsea
Subject: [Elfsea] last Sunday's Fighter practice and Video Night in
Arlington

Oooh.That sounds great!

Hi, Baron Robert!  I didn't know you moved here.  Cool!

Sorry about not making it last Sunday, but it was an awesome fighter
practice and I didn't see your post until the next day. I'm going to LPT
this weekend and start back to work on Monday (yukk) so I probably won't
make it this time, but plan on it in the future.

  Llywelyn said "You couldn't buy a better Fighter Practice if you tried"
and he wasn't exaggerating. The weather was so cool, I needed a cloak over
my chiton!  In July!  And for fighters, we had so many, both rapier and
chivalric.  There were so many Counts...well, I couldn't count them. And so
many Knights and Centurions, you couldn't swing a stick without hitting
them. We had a least three Dons and several cadets.

There were visitors from the Coastal and the Western Regions of the Kingdom.
The viewing gallery had a lot of fun visiting and watching our friends, too.
There are a lot of new people in the Barony, too.

Not only that, but we had some Youth Combat going on, too. They had their
armor on having fun and looking for more friends to beat up on.

I'm not sure what the special occasion was for anyone else, but Bert was
back from Iraq and Arnbjorn wanted us to take a cake out to the park for
him.  We even had to decorate it with Army guys.....

There were several old/newcomers, including a guy named Simon (green tunic)
who lives somewhere in Cedar Hill.  I forgot to get his information, so if
anybody talks to him again, please get a phone number or e-mail and I will
get in touch with him.

Anyway, it was like a mini-event (with no site fee:)!!!!) Fighter Practice
is a cool place to be.

Feeling my SCA batteries recharging,
Xene