[Elfsea] youth demos

Ameline Dubois ameline at generich.com
Sun Sep 19 10:31:33 PDT 2004

 Greetings to you all,
  I wish all to know that at the last Kings Round Table the kingdom seneschal, and I believe the society hospitable both warned the baronies about burning their people out on big demos focused primarily on kids in schools, boy scouts or girl scouts. These groups do get much from the SCA but there are so many schools, boy scouts and girl scouts groups that it is easy to over commit you people. Often they are in the middle of the week or during bisness hours. This can put a strain on any group. If time were not an issue we could do a demo a week, just in Ft. Worth, for the next year and only hit the boy scouts. Granted this is a noble cause but time is at a premium. A full demo needs the time and efforts of 7 to 20 people with fighters, artisans, and paperwork that need's to be managed to keep people from overextending themselves and others. Please know these large demos are hard on a Barony they are a small event, and the kingdom seneschal has I believe asked them to be run like one paper work, wavers, marshals,and autocrat. This is the type of demo I think our seneschal is speaking about. If you and a few friends wish to educate a small group of kid and parents about some things in the SCA that is great. Committing 3 people with a heads up Elfsea's seneschal is *not* what we are talking about here.

 Ameline
Lady Elfsea