[Elfsea] Demos

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:23:41 PDT 2004

Library demos are a good thing for the Barony to participate in. We do
get some quality newcomers from these demos, however, we do have to be
careful to determine the nature of the library demos that we
participate in.

When we have been used in the past as part of the Children's programs,
we tend to become free entertainment for the Library, with little
return on our investment. The Keller Library demo is a good example of
a demo that is geared toward the entire family, and supported by the
entire city. This gives us a great opportunity to show what we do to
an audience that is more likely to become involved with us. Granted,
we do not tend to get larger numbers of newcomers from these demos,
but the ones who do stay around tend to be self-starters and become
vibrant members of the Barony.

No one, to my knowledge, is currently questioning whether or not we
should participate in the library demos currently. As a matter of
fact, the next library demo we have coming up November 6th at the
Arlington Public library had very strong support at business meeting.
(Watch your email and Scroll for more details)

In Service to Elfsea,

Rixende

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:31:03 -0500, Valentyn Drake
<donvalentyn at jeffturnerfiction.com> wrote:

> I must have missed something...was someone debating the Keller Library demo?
> I was under the impression it had pretty popular support from the barony.
>
> Valentyn

Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra
Quidam audit valde, facit valde