[Elfsea] Newsletter options

Tim Rayburn trayburn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 10:14:17 PST 2005

The problems at the time were three fold, and not insurmountable:
1) Protection of officer information which cannot be posted on the web (when
last I checked) in the same detail in which it can be printed
2) There was a problem with charging people for something which you also
give away for free.  I believe this was against policy at the time but if it
was Chronicler, VScribe, Exchequer or Seneschal policy I could not tell you
at this point.
3) It was considerable unpopular with segments of the populace.

I did implement the idea of email instead of US mailing delivery as an
option but had to charge the same amount for it.  I'm certain many of the
above may not matter any longer so feel free to ignore those which don't
make sense at this point :)

Timothy of Glastinbury
Once Chronicler of Elfsea
Lurker of the List

On 12/17/05, Don Riney <dmriney at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I like the idea of having the newsletter online myself. Several years ago
> I believe Timothy, proposed the idea of posting pdf's of the newsletter on
> the website but there was some issue on the Kingdom level that
> prevented putting Scroll online  Unfortunately I don't remember what the
> problem was and it may no longer be an issue. Worth looking into before we
> just jump in though.
>
> Darius

Tim Rayburn
trayburn at gmail.com