[Elfsea] Things that make life good in Elfsea

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Tue Jan 11 12:35:41 PST 2005

Yes!

Valentyn

-----Original Message-----
From: elfsea-bounces+donvalentyn=jeffturnerfiction.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:elfsea-bounces+donvalentyn=jeffturnerfiction.com at ansteorra.org] On
Behalf Of Estella Flather
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 12:55 PM
To: Barony of Elfsea
Subject: [Elfsea] Things that make life good in Elfsea

Greetings from HE Mistress (Squared) Stella Silvana-
	I think that it is time to once again remind everyone of the
standards of
courtesy that we should try to maintain in Elfsea. While it is not possible
to always be happy with everyone or to be best friends with everyone, we
should try to treat each other with the same courtesy that we would wish
ourselves to be treated. Therefore, please review carefully the items below.
No one is perfect, but we can still try.
	If you have a problem with someone, please talk to that person
directly.
Most often you will find that the person you have a problem with will say,
"Gosh, I didn't know that was a problem. How can we fix this." It is very
unfair to attack people behind their backs. This only fosters problems, it
doesn't fix any problems.
	Talk is easy, following through and getting done what you say you
are going
to do is hard. It is very important to do what you have promised to do.
	The corollary of the paragraph above is, if you promise to do
something and
some life crisis happens and prevents you from doing what you have promised
to do, ask for help. Ask for help before it becomes an emergency. Don't wait
until the last minute and then dump it on someone else. However, you should
not make a habit of volunteering and then having to find a replacement.
Which leads us to the next paragraph.
	Trust is difficult to achieve and easy to lose. No one will be able
trust you with major responsibilities if you have a habit of volunteering
and then not getting the job done. If you want to be trusted, you need to
develop a track record of getting done what you promise to do.
	You are unlikely to get an office if you do not participate in
Baronial
meetings to keep track of what is going on. One of the best ways to develop
trust in your skills as a manager is to volunteer to be a deputy to an
office that you would later like to take over. If you want a job, you need
to send in a bid. It does you no good to wait until the office is closed and
then complain that you wanted that job. It is even worse if you try to
undermine the person who receives the job. Keep in mind though, that however
excited a person is when they first receive a job, they are going to run out
of energy and need a replacement in a year or two. There are always openings
coming up. Work on your resume by helping as a deputy or with other smaller
jobs, then you will be able to submit a really impressive bid when the
office comes open again.
	Talking badly about other people behind their backs makes you look
bad.
People will assume that if you are saying bad things about other people,
that you will say bad things about them also. Being positive helps your
image. Running other people down will end up in damaging your image.
	Please, keep these ideas in mind when dealing with each other. Life
is much
better when people are considerate of each other. Lets play nice! I love you
guys, but at the moment you are giving me a headache!
	In service- HE Stella