[Elfsea] Fwd: [Steppes] CONVENTION DEMO?

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Tue Jan 11 16:05:32 PST 2005

This is not completely correct, from what I understand.  I attend many of
these conventions as a guest author, so I hear quite a bit about the
programming from my contacts there.  My information is still third-hand, but
it differs from what's printed below.

What I've been told is that the convention committee at All-Con asked SCA
members pay to come in, and after the demo be reimbursed for their entry
fee.  My best guess is that it's a paper tiger to boost membership numbers a
bit, even though their net income will remain the same.

Whatever the reason, it seems like a fairly minor point that could be worked
out if someone wants to coordinate it calmly with the convention staff
rather than taking up arms.

Valentyn

  _____