[Elfsea] OT -- Tax rollback could affect the Bedford Boys Ranch

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 10:40:05 PST 2005

Some information is available from the Bedford city site. Apparently discussion on this has been happening since June of last year.
http://www.ci.bedford.tx.us/news/budgetnews.htm
Not being a accountant type nor living in Bedford, the information that I can gather is that Bedford will have to come up with about 2 million just to maintain that facility.

Crandall

"Threlkeld, Richard" <Richard.Threlkeld at xerox.com> wrote:
Of course, we don't have the information on why there is an attempted
tax rollback. The government officials when faced with the need to cut
something generally choose the things most wanted by the citizens (when
they are before the election) to prevent people from voting for it. If
it passes, those things are generally not cut because the politicians
have to approve the cuts and they will not get re-elected if they choose
badly.

I'm not saying the cuts are justified. I don't have any data from which
to make a decision either way.

Caelin