[Elfsea] Re: Katrina Relief

Threlkeld, Richard Richard.Threlkeld at xerox.com
Thu Sep 8 08:04:23 PDT 2005

Pyro and I went through our clothes, bedding, and kitchen stuff and
donated quite a few items to another small group that is collecting and
donating through the Salvation Army. We also gave money to the Salvation
Army as we prefer them to the Red Cross.

Just because people are not responding to *your* efforts does not mean
they are not responding to other efforts. I applaud your initiative and
hope you indeed get a ground swell of donations moving to the refugees
from the storm. But please be careful not to chide the people who don't
respond to you. They may have given elsewhere. They may just barely
getting by themselves. There are many reasons why they might not respond
to you.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede